POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : So last night the IRTC server would not respond? : Re: So last night the IRTC server would not respond? Server Time
17 May 2024 19:36:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So last night the IRTC server would not respond?
From: =Bob=
Date: 1 Nov 2004 19:01:20
Message: <4186ce50@news.povray.org>
news:4186b6d2@news.povray.org...
[deletions]

: As said, the server was fine all the time.  However, I have been told there
: was some backbone router of one provider on the way to some locations
: malfunctioning.  The backbone and routing is neither controlled nor owned by
: the server administrator or host of the povray.org server (hosting
: irtc.org).  It depends on many factors how traffic is routed through the
: internet, and the route to an internet server is not under control a server.

The result is the same. I could not upload though I was uploading
within the timeframe.

: It is best to understand as if there was a traffic jam somewhere on one
: route from your computer to povray.org and your traffic was trying to take
: that route.  As such, the best one can do is plead for an exception if one
: is late, but ultimately -- just like in real-life -- it is up to the
: individual to factor in time for traffic jams on the route(s) to an
: appointment location.

The point is, there was no traffic jam, more like the bridge was
out. Tough to plan for that!

I'm not trying to get anyone to make special considerations. I've
already taken the attitude that this entry is dead now. No big
deal. But please -- don't act like I didn't do sufficient planning. I
did the planning, I've been planning for two months now. My
pic was rendering all this week, planning to upload on Sunday
evening. I tried to upload for over three hours. Sheesh!
=Bob=