POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Other kind of topics for IRTC? Server Time
18 May 2024 23:57:18 EDT (-0400)
  Other kind of topics for IRTC? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Adrien Beau
Subject: Other kind of topics for IRTC?
Date: 1 Sep 2000 15:41:21
Message: <39B007BB.CE6E114D@free.fr>
Hello,

So far, IRTC topics have mostly dealt with the theme of the
images, giving guidelines of what the images would depict.

This, however, is not the only kind of topic available. The
recent thread about an "abstract" topic, and the "10 best"
project (aka "a contest for newbies" (?!) a few messages
above) have shown that other kind of topics were available.

I think that the "10 best" cover contest is an especially
good example. It doesn't impose restrictions on what the
images depict, but the images have to contain ten things that
are a showoff of the abilities of POV-Ray. There is, besides,
an untold rule -- the image has to be impressive and
understandable even printed on a 10x12cm CD cover.

I think this kind of topics, which don't impose restriction
on what the image describes, but rather on jow it is made
should also be used for the IRTC.

What do you think of topics such as:

	Black & white (and sepia tones)

		The images are to look as if taken by
		black & white cameras.

	No patch

		The image are to be made of primitives
		and CSG. No triangles, no bezier patches.

	Spheres

		The images are to be made only of
		spheres.

	Stone