POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : April 30th approaching... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  April 30th approaching... (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: St
Subject: Re: April 30th approaching...
Date: 27 Apr 2007 08:50:29
Message: <4631f195@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>
>>         The thing is John, you'll be an old man by the time the folks at
>> the IRTC decide to say ANYTHING at all. Personally, even if the IRTC came
>> back with a new website, new comps, whatever, I wouldn't entertain them.
>> I think it's really bad form to have done what they've done without doing
>> anything, saying anything, to ANYONE that's involved. It was just really
>> bad etiquette, (or, netiquette, if you like).
>
> It sure feels like this, but i'm not certain it was *meant* like that.

    I'm not too sure about that. What if they planned it this way so they
didn't have to burden themselves with it any more, I mean, whoever was in
charge, was in charge for a very long time - I can see that they got bored
with it, I can see that they didn't want this burden any more, and I can see
that they may have had problems passing the buck to someone other than that
young lad who lives in a field all alone with no electricity or broadband
cables around him. Damn, no cellphone too. Not even paper and pen, toboot.
Fairplay to him though, at least he tried once.

  If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to hold my hand up. (I hope I am wrong).

> Will there be more participants this time...?

      I certainly hope so. And even if yours is the only one, you won't be
disappointing me.  :o)

> Yoohoo...?
>
> *sigh*

     Hey, "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!"   ;)

      ~Steve~

> -Markus
> (slightly depressed)

Post a reply to this message