POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : IRTC is it alive....? Server Time
3 Feb 2023 08:49:18 EST (-0500)
  IRTC is it alive....? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: dbott
Subject: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 19 Jan 2007 19:02:36
Message: <45b15c1c$1@news.povray.org>
How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
to find nobody home at IRTC............


Post a reply to this message

From: i need a unique name
Subject: Re: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 20 Jan 2007 14:40:00
Message: <web.45b26f166f1e690fc3e0e7940@news.povray.org>
"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
> to find nobody home at IRTC............

well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the stills
competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation has
a reasonable number of entries. Though it does not seem as lively as it
used to be in the old days - perhaps the general public is taking graphics
a bit too much for granted these days.


Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 23 Jan 2007 13:23:37
Message: <45b652a9@news.povray.org>
i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> "dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
>> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
>> to find nobody home at IRTC............
> 
> well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the stills
> competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation has
> a reasonable number of entries. 

Hi,

i'm not sure if others on irtc.animations are also subscribed to 
irtc.stills, but there's quite something happening over there, so you 
may want to join (at least temporary) to add to the momentum of 
not-so-happy participants :)

- Markus


Post a reply to this message

From: dbott
Subject: Re: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 23 Jan 2007 20:20:44
Message: <45b6b46c$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
news:45b652a9@news.povray.org...
> i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> > "dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> >> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
> >> to find nobody home at IRTC............
> >
> > well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the
stills
> > competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation
has
> > a reasonable number of entries.
>
> Hi,
>
> i'm not sure if others on irtc.animations are also subscribed to
> irtc.stills, but there's quite something happening over there, so you
> may want to join (at least temporary) to add to the momentum of
> not-so-happy participants :)
>
> - Markus

Thanks Markus,
I will look into it. I know it's a volunteer web site and
everyone is busy and has a life....(I Hope). It would be nice to get some
response from IRTC. As you know it
also takes time to produce an animation or still
(participants time). I am not out for any prizes, I am just a hobbyist
looking for a venue to display my
work...good or bad.
I like your work Markus...
dbott


Post a reply to this message

From: dbott
Subject: Re: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 23 Jan 2007 21:51:30
Message: <45b6c9b2$1@news.povray.org>
"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote in message
news:45b6b46c$1@news.povray.org...
>
> "Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> news:45b652a9@news.povray.org...
> > i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> > > "dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> > >> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
> > >> to find nobody home at IRTC............
> > >
> > > well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the
> stills
> > > competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation
> has
> > > a reasonable number of entries.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm not sure if others on irtc.animations are also subscribed to
> > irtc.stills, but there's quite something happening over there, so you
> > may want to join (at least temporary) to add to the momentum of
> > not-so-happy participants :)
> >
> > - Markus
>
> Thanks Markus,
> I will look into it. I know it's a volunteer web site and
> everyone is busy and has a life....(I Hope). It would be nice to get some
> response from IRTC. As you know it
> also takes time to produce an animation or still
> (participants time). I am not out for any prizes, I am just a hobbyist
> looking for a venue to display my
> work...good or bad.
> I like your work Markus...
> dbott
>
>
Wow Markus -
I just read all the current threads in the irtc.stills news
group and WOW...........


Post a reply to this message

From: Dan Byers
Subject: Re: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 25 Jan 2007 21:00:00
Message: <web.45b95f776f1e690f4e8665b00@news.povray.org>
Don't know too much about what the future may hold, but I'd be disappointed
if there were no more Rusty entries to look forward to seeing...

--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.