POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : I'm Feasting on Small Rounds! Server Time
3 Feb 2023 05:13:41 EST (-0500)
  I'm Feasting on Small Rounds! (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: John VanSickle
Subject: I'm Feasting on Small Rounds!
Date: 2 Dec 2006 15:04:19
Message: <4571dc43$1@news.povray.org>
'Tain't hard to get first place if only five other people enter.

But a mark in the W column is a mark in the W column.

Regards,
John


Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: I'm Feasting on Small Rounds!
Date: 2 Dec 2006 15:46:48
Message: <4571e638$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle schrieb:
> 'Tain't hard to get first place if only five other people enter.

I guess that's supposed to be a challenge to all those that 
didn't enter? ;)

> But a mark in the W column is a mark in the W column.

Well deserved, too. Is there a medal for "all-year winner"?

(see:
http://www.irtc.org/anims/index.html#s2006
)

Apart from the obvious respect earned for you entering 20 
rounds in a row!

-Markus


Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: I'm Feasting on Small Rounds!
Date: 4 Dec 2006 20:03:04
Message: <4574c548$1@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff wrote:
> John VanSickle schrieb:
> 
>> 'Tain't hard to get first place if only five other people enter.
> 
> 
> I guess that's supposed to be a challenge to all those that didn't 
> enter? ;)
> 
>> But a mark in the W column is a mark in the W column.
> 
> Well deserved, too. Is there a medal for "all-year winner"?

I'm not sure I deserve a prize when people who produced better work than 
I do (such as H. E. Day and Neil Alexander) have been out of it.

> Apart from the obvious respect earned for you entering 20 rounds in a row!

And you can thank Osama Bin Laden for the round I missed in 2001. 
September 11th made a lot of work for our military.

Regards,
John


Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Subject: Re: I'm Feasting on Small Rounds!
Date: 10 Dec 2006 00:41:40
Message: <457b9e14$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message 
news:4571e638$1@news.povray.org...
> John VanSickle schrieb:
>> 'Tain't hard to get first place if only five other people enter.
>
> I guess that's supposed to be a challenge to all those that didn't enter? 
> ;)

I really want to enter but I just don't like the topics. I mean "Dance"?!!?! 
What self respecting geek knows a damn thing about dance?

I want a topic like "hot anime chick on a motorbike"! Or at least something 
ambiquous and dynamic like "action" or "fight"... I vote for these things on 
the topic suggestion system but people keep picking things that bore me (for 
animations, most of them would be great for stills).

The last good topic was "explosion", but I didn't have the time :(

-- 
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com


Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: I'm Feasting on Small Rounds!
Date: 12 Dec 2006 15:06:51
Message: <457f0bdb$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> I really want to enter but I just don't like the topics. I mean "Dance"?!!?! 
> What self respecting geek knows a damn thing about dance?

Well, i'm not sure about geeks and formal dance, but 
couldn't all this martial arts stuff be considered "dance" 
in the broadest meaning of the word? I mean, there's those 
monks touring all those concert halls with their 
swords-and-sticks ritual fight shows...

And let's not forget the classical geek dance moves brought 
to the public by means of "inadvertently leaving the webcam 
on" ;)

-M


Post a reply to this message

From: FrogRay
Subject: Re: I'm Feasting on Small Rounds!
Date: 8 Jan 2007 02:20:00
Message: <web.45a1efb49d328d39ec780c250@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote:
> Tek wrote:
>
> > I really want to enter but I just don't like the topics. I mean "Dance"?!!?!
> > What self respecting geek knows a damn thing about dance?
>
> Well, i'm not sure about geeks and formal dance, but
> couldn't all this martial arts stuff be considered "dance"
> in the broadest meaning of the word? I mean, there's those
> monks touring all those concert halls with their
> swords-and-sticks ritual fight shows...

Some forms of martial-arts such as the Brazilian Capoeira are as much about
dance and music as about fighting.  The history is interesting for those
into martial-arts.

The New Zealand Maori also perform "war-dances" know as "haka" s.

> And let's not forget the classical geek dance moves brought
> to the public by means of "inadvertently leaving the webcam
> on" ;)
>
> -M


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.