POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Just some thoughts (modelling related, sort of...) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Just some thoughts (modelling related, sort of...) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Just some thoughts (modelling related, sort of...)
Date: 26 Sep 2003 05:49:54
Message: <3f740bc2$1@news.povray.org>
Did you ever notice this:

When i think of "medieval" (in architecture, household devices or
devices in general), i automatically think of "decayed, rusty
(sorry... ;-), irregular surfaces, etc." - but that's because
*today*, all things "medieval" are 500+ years old and were mostly
neglected through the last 100+ years. Even better example: roman
/greek ruins.

The funny thing: If i build something that's supposed to look
"medieval" (in the sense of "medieval, viewed at time of
production" instead of "medieval, viewed from modern times"), and
i *don't* make it look "old", it's somehow "unfitting" - or is
this just me? I mean, it's hard to imagine that blacksmiths 500
years ago were told: "Make a horseshoe, but make it rusty and
dented." ;-)

Just some random rant while the renderer ticks away. Maybe i've
visited our town museum one too many times the last week ;-)

Yours,
Markus

Post a reply to this message