POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : A Record-Setting Round Server Time
16 May 2024 02:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  A Record-Setting Round (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: A Record-Setting Round
Date: 20 Oct 2000 00:12:27
Message: <39efc62b$1@news.povray.org>
With 16 of the 24 animations downloaded so far, I've had trouble viewing two
of them.  "invmix.mpg" gives an "unexpected read error" on frame 876, and
the player I usually use only displays the first 300 frames of "soul.mpg".
Is anyone else having problems with these files?

A suggestion for future rounds: Put the number of frames somewhere in the
textfile.  This would make it easier to figure out if the movie is being
shown correctly or not.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

I once firebombed the winning entry in my voting only to find out after the
voting was closed that I disliked it so much because I was missing 80% of it!
It was only that it won that made me realize I must have missed something
everyone else saw.  Perhpas I should have had more faith in the artist.

If you look at my posting here under "Frame Size Creates Difficulty..." 7/24/00
you may find some alternative viewers that may help you until the day we all
agree on a standard format.

Mark Wagner wrote:

> With 16 of the 24 animations downloaded so far, I've had trouble viewing two
> of them.  "invmix.mpg" gives an "unexpected read error" on frame 876, and
> the player I usually use only displays the first 300 frames of "soul.mpg".
> Is anyone else having problems with these files?
>
> A suggestion for future rounds: Put the number of frames somewhere in the
> textfile.  This would make it easier to figure out if the movie is being
> shown correctly or not.
>
> Mark

Post a reply to this message