POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Network rendering with POVRay Server Time
26 Jul 2024 19:52:33 EDT (-0400)
  Network rendering with POVRay (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Sebastian Breier
Subject: Network rendering with POVRay
Date: 3 Apr 1999 11:45:10
Message: <370644db.18204353@news.povray.org>
Hi!

If you have more than one PC at home/work and want to let POVRay
render over the whole network you'll perhaps want my program Exizt. It
distributes the frames of the animation so the PCs in the windows
network. After a frame has finished, it is moved to one central PC.
Imagine how your animation renderings could be accelerated!

If you want the program, write an eMail to Seb### [at] Stb-Citynetde.

Bye,
	Sebastian.

Post a reply to this message

a great place to get info and benchmarks on network rendering is of course
is at povbench http://www.haveland.com/povbench/ there's a great link called
home supercomputing with linux you should check out

Post a reply to this message

>If you have more than one PC at home/work and want to let POVRay
>render over the whole network you'll perhaps want my program Exizt. It
>distributes the frames of the animation so the PCs in the windows
>network. After a frame has finished, it is moved to one central PC.
>Imagine how your animation renderings could be accelerated!
>
>If you want the program, write an eMail to Seb### [at] Stb-Citynetde.

Of course, you don't get much acceleration when you distribute the rendering
over a 400Mhz Pentium II, a 486SX33, a 33Mhz 68040 without FPU, a Commodore
64 and a TRS 80.  (That's what I've got -- I do the renderings on the
Pentium II)

Mark

Post a reply to this message