POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : signature in animations Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  signature in animations (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Lewis Sellers
Subject: Re: signature in animations
Date: 29 Oct 1998 21:00:49
Message: <36391DEA.666DC2A2@usit.net>
Mike Weber wrote:

> I still would prefer to use a tool in post-production to add my
> name/signature to each frame and then generate the mpeg file.  Someone
> mentioned that using a rendered name requires re-rendering the entire
> scene - for small scenes that's ok, but for larger longer ones.
>
> Still searching for the right utility.....
>
> Mike

Well, shouldn't be too hard to code something in c as long as the images
are all in uncompressed tga. Don't have time right this sec though....

Actually, pretty darn easy to do that..... hmm.

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)

"The comedy is over" -i pagliacci

Post a reply to this message

Lewis Sellers <lse### [at] usitnet> wrote:
: Well, shouldn't be too hard to code something in c as long as the images
: are all in uncompressed tga. Don't have time right this sec though....

: Actually, pretty darn easy to do that..... hmm.

  Maybe I'll add that feature to my targa averager in the next version...
some day... :)

--
                                                           - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message

I did try your targa averager - but I just couldn't get it to work
correctly.  And by the way, thanks for adding the feature I asked for about
3 months ago.

Nieminen Mika wrote in message <3639bbd8.0@news.povray.org>...
>Lewis Sellers <lse### [at] usitnet> wrote:
>: Well, shouldn't be too hard to code something in c as long as the images
>: are all in uncompressed tga. Don't have time right this sec though....
>
>: Actually, pretty darn easy to do that..... hmm.
>
>  Maybe I'll add that feature to my targa averager in the next version...
>some day... :)
>
>--
>                                                           - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message

I found what I need.  Its ImageMagick found below
http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/

I can use a TrueType font in windows and place the text anywhere in the
image.
I did not try it on a series of images yet, but it appears I'll be able to
since it runs at the command line prompt.

Mike

Mike Weber wrote in message <3639d626.0@news.povray.org>...
>I did try your targa averager - but I just couldn't get it to work
>correctly.  And by the way, thanks for adding the feature I asked for about
>3 months ago.
>
>Nieminen Mika wrote in message <3639bbd8.0@news.povray.org>...
>>Lewis Sellers <lse### [at] usitnet> wrote:
>>: Well, shouldn't be too hard to code something in c as long as the images
>>: are all in uncompressed tga. Don't have time right this sec though....
>>
>>: Actually, pretty darn easy to do that..... hmm.
>>
>>  Maybe I'll add that feature to my targa averager in the next version...
>>some day... :)
>>
>>--
>>                                                           - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message