POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Smooth camera motion paths : Re: Smooth camera motion paths Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth camera motion paths
From: ABX
Date: 24 Apr 2003 04:29:52
Message: <hs7favgrfuhs3hoptc7b678gasv4d7sd36@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:02:54 +0100, "CB" <col### [at] nospamcouk> wrote:
> Thanks both. That would take care of the camera path, but I would like to
> change the speed of the camera too - for example I'd like the camera to
> begin from a standing start and then accellerate just as a real camera with
> real mass would.
>
> It looks like I won't be able to do this in POV.

Why you think that? It only requires some function from clock measurement of
animation to spline t parameter. For example:

#declare S=spline{ linera_spline 0 <0,0,0> 1 <1,0,0> }
#declare Position=S(clock);       // linear movement
#declare Position=S(clock*clock); // acceleration

> This prompts a second question which I'll post as a new thread ....

Which is unnecessary inthis case :-)

ABX