POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Which spline type corresponds to the bezier_spline lathe? : Re: Which spline type corresponds to the bezier_spline lathe? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which spline type corresponds to the bezier_spline lathe?
From: ABX
Date: 13 Sep 2004 12:55:20
Message: <hljbk0tjqsl3u6aku7aoiparp6gpctaf1n@4ax.com>
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:25:58 -0400, Scott Gammans
<dee### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I am really surprised that there is not a built-in method for using
> Bezier splines the way that there is for the other four spline types
> (linear, quadratic, cubic, natural). Hopefully this oversight will be
> addressed in the next major release of POV-Ray.

spline{}, sor{}, prism{}, lathe{}, text{}, sphere_sweep{}, polygon{}

are basically all look like use splines but in fact they are almost
independend. IIRC spline{} feature was introduced much later than lathe by
pesons not related to original code. Adding new types to spline{} is kind of
trivial (at least from my perspective of adding even complex types at
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.1/expressions.html#splines ) so if anyone
wants to try it ... :-)

ABX