POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : isosurface troubles : Re: isosurface troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface troubles
From: Mike Williams
Date: 13 Oct 2000 00:00:28
Message: <f6FsjAA0To55Ew0L@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Paul Daniel Jones who wrote:
>PLease see the scene file in p.t.s-f.
>
>I am trying to create an isosurface object, intersect it with a plane
>and translate it.
>The last two lines of the code are for a sphere at <0,0,0> and <0,.5,0>.
>Rendering each object seperatly will illustrate my woes.....

This Megapov bug has been mentioned before. When you translate a CSG
which involves an isosurface, the isosurface's contained_by info doesn't
get translated to the new position, which can lead to all sorts of odd
effects.

Until the bug gets fixed, don't translate CSGs that involve isosurfaces.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure