POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Povray 3.0 doesn't support #macro : Re: Povray 3.0 doesn't support #macro Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.0 doesn't support #macro
From: Alan Kong
Date: 27 Feb 2000 00:54:00
Message: <eudhbsgf0ecrvj8p67ko9aud8g6v93vufl@4ax.com>
On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 21:23:40 +0200 Eitan Tal <eit### [at] netvisionnetil>
wrote:

>Povray Ver 3.0 doesn't support #macro, but 3.1 does
>I need to know what it does so I can understand and use some examples
>I cannot run.
>
>I don't like any newer versions of povray, they try to sell me all of
>their cdroms, and I hate it.
>is there any difference between ver 3.0 and 3.1?

  If you hate POV-Ray v3.1, do not use it. Any new features in v3.1 will
be useless to you if you are using v3.0. Download the v3.1 documentation
and read it. I would suggest that you read the whole thing, from
beginning to end, as you often ask questions that are easily answered in
the docs.

  Also, please read every article posted in the
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions group. More of your questions
are answered in these articles concerning the differences between v3.0
and v3.1.

  Thank you for your time, Eitan, and you should probably get started
reading those docs now, as it will probably take a little while to read
every single word. Isn't documentation wonderful? As a side benefit,
reading the docs often teaches a person how to use POV-Ray's features!
<slapping myself on the forehead>