POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What is HDRI? : Re: What is HDRI? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is HDRI?
From: ABX
Date: 4 Mar 2003 06:16:40
Message: <er196vs4qngodll7fvoqh4c05leijnrjkj@4ax.com>
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:38:24 +0100, "T.J.Viking" <vik### [at] bp-domarpl> wrote:
> > Gooood. I was affraid that you meant "POV community" as "POV world" which could
> > change "clamped" sense a lot.
>
> ehhhh :) no comment... :)

Sorry. Your CV at http://news.povray.org/search/advanced/?s=Viking&a=1 is short
so I wasn't sure your intentions. The meaning of some recent threads made me sad
and I become sensitive.

> > Have you done some "unclamping" for radiosity code ? Have you some results ? Any
> > patched version available ?
>
> Nope.
> I am writing my own GI renderer and studied radiosity/monte carlo/irradiance caching
over
> years.... then tried to look how POV is doing that.
>
> When I saw the GI code in POVRAY, I sat down and started to cry :)
> Many bugs! Bugs meant by misunderstanding light theory and many nifty
> "methods" of coping with "crossing 1's value".

Can you refer to exact line in sources? Knowing what is broken can allow make it
better. Having more info MegaPOV can make those bugs "optional". Can you share
your knowledge and help us make it better ?

> I think that it is the time to redesign radiosity code, there are so many new
theories and
> algos now... somebody could boost POV in XXI century.

Tomku, zarówno zródla POV-Raya jak i MegaPOV sa publiczne, z checia
przetestujemy twoje propozycje. Zachecam do wypuszczenia patcha. Jesli tylko
jestes chetny do wspólpracy zapraszam do kontaktu ze mna: abx### [at] abxartpl :-)

ABX