POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to model a cube in 2D? : How to model a cube in 2D? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:45 EDT (-0400)
  How to model a cube in 2D?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Jan 2001 03:06:15
Message: <em5l6tkaarfbmhmviq7p963t1g85qnaib2@4ax.com>
This will feel... a little strange.

Imagine a scene like this:

box { -1, 1 pigment { rgb 1 } rotate 60*y rotate -30*x}
camera { location -5*z look_at 0 orthographic }
light_source { <100,100,-100> color rgb 1 }

Now imagine I want to make it in a 2D program, for example Corel Draw
or Adobe illustrator. I want to start with a square for each face and
calculate

a) the necessary sequence of rotate and scale commands
b) the amount of light falling on it (flat shading) if the light
source position is known

Can anyone help me with the math involved? Remember, I only have
scale, rotate and tilt at my disposure, no matrices :(

BTW the amounts of rotation along the y and x axes are arbitrary.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg