POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radosity, memory, and always resample : Re: Radosity, memory, and always resample Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radosity, memory, and always resample
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Jun 2006 12:55:06
Message: <e7h676$vt6$1@chho.imagico.de>
P Brewer wrote:

>       adaptive 1

That's a MegaPOV feature.  And the adaptive pretrace is something you
have to use with care to make it work successfully.  And in this kind of
scene it will hardly be very useful.

> The scene consists of three golf balls and a putter sitting on a 2000 blade
> square patch of grass mesh copied 580 times to fill the visible scene. I'm
> using a focal blur of 90 samples, and the above radiosity. I'm rendering at
> 1680x1050. Is there any improvement I can make to my radiosity settings to
> ease memory usage?

That's quite impossible to tell from the settings alone.  Decreasing
error_bound and nearest_count will surely be what to start with.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 01 Jun. 2006)