POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Povray Parser for Moray : Re: Povray Parser for Moray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Parser for Moray
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Oct 2001 16:47:30
Message: <dlqrstombm0tu1mgo4gl8gasl10e6364ls@4ax.com>
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:22:46 +0100, "Keith Hull"
<kei### [at] totalisecouk> wrote:

>I'm currently in the process of writing a Povray to Moray Parser

Wow!

>most of the objects can be imported and csg's,

WOW!

>I have a few things to sort out like textures and declare statements.
>However my biggest problem is how I convert Povray object vectors to
>Moray Scale/Rotate/Translate vectors e.g. for a cone...

With the proper matrix you can define any affine transformation.
However, in order to define a local coordinate system on the cone, you
need more than just two points. In general, you need 4 points, but you
can pass with three (both apex points and another point on the
circumference on the larger base) if you know it's a straight cone.

In any case, once you have the matrix, it *might* be possible to
convert it to a triple of scale/rotate/translate matrices by matrix
division (inverse multiplication, that is). How, I don't know, but
I'll think about it tomorrow, when I've had some sleep.

Maybe I'm totally rambling here... our Neo would know best :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg