POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random variation : Re: Random variation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random variation
From: Peter Popov
Date: 28 Sep 2002 04:07:48
Message: <dioapu0nrkkfjt1ga960j24i5aq9c2etik@4ax.com>
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:11:30 -0400, Charles Fusner <cfu### [at] enternet>
wrote:

>But then, for perfect random number generator, wouldn't we need to
>plug a fresh cup of really hot tea into the USB port and use the
>non-standard C function getbrownian() and somehow cast the
>resulting vector as a double?

The problem with this approach is that the second law of
thermodynamics will kick in, which means that in animations, later
frames will have lower dispersion in their random sequences. This will
also result in pretty interesting vertical gradient patterns in
radiosity pictures due to the random number generator cooling down
during the long render.

<follow-ups set>

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg