POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 : Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Feb 2004 19:13:43
Message: <cjameshuff-F3536F.19142019022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4035211f$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim.nikias (@) nolights.de> wrote:

> To add to that: I'm on 32bit for my Desktop, because I'm seeing bands of
> colors when using only 16bit with my raytraced images (which is hence the
> reason why I output to 24bit BMP most of the time). Since Windows offers me
> only 16 or 32, I'm on 32.

Why BMP? You should use PNG...aside from the compression, it stores the
gamma value in the file, and lets you save images in 48 bit...16 bits
per channel, or 65536 levels per channel instead of 256.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/