POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Feb 2004 23:23:37
Message: <cjameshuff-EF7F20.23235207022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4025787d@news.povray.org>, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
wrote:

> But anyway, the reason I'm posting: I was just wondering has anyone done this
> before? Either within the SDL, or as a modification to pov to support simple
> data structures and function callbacks?

Never actually done it, but I've considered doing something based on
arrays...it'd be hellishly complex and inefficient. And it was limited
to passive data structures, not really anything like objects.

> Oh, and do you think it should be oriented or orientated? ;)

Oriented. "Orientated" is a synonym, but sounds odd and I've never seen
a "professional" source use that spelling in relation to object
orientation. "Oriention" isn't a word though, so orientated is probably
the original spelling.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/