POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating blurred image via textures...? : Re: Creating blurred image via textures...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating blurred image via textures...?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Jun 2003 10:56:03
Message: <cjameshuff-E738C6.09455120062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ef1e7bb@news.povray.org>,
 "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> What I meant is that if POV-Ray creates an internal
> image-map, that one could be saved to disk, couldn't
> it? And I don't mean rendering it alone to get an
> image. While POV-Ray parses, it could output the
> data it saves for the internal image-map to an
> image...

This would be possible to implement. You could even do it in POV Script
with an ASCII image format. Unless there is some use for this within the
scene file, it might be better as part of a post-process stage...one
thing I've always wanted was the ability to create and save multiple
image buffers. You could create multiple post-processed versions, and
combine them into more versions, etc.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/