POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 21 Feb 2004 14:45:44
Message: <cjameshuff-E1A69D.14462521022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4033cd99@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> Tom Melly <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:
> > There's a challenge... Warp? What would, IYHO, a bit of Pov-OO look like?
>
>   If it were solely up to me, it would look as much as C++ as possible.
>
>   However, it's not up to me. (Fortunately? ;) )

Very much so... ;-)

POV OO doesn't have the same needs, so it could be simplified quite a
bit. No need to have any static binding, for one thing. Dynamic typing,
much less worrying about what type something is. No need for multiple
inheritance. Forget about templates, don't need pointers, don't need
primitive types. Pass everything by reference, don't need explicit pass
by reference. Just straight public inheritance, probably with categories
and interfaces. I'm undecided about private/protected access. They would
be a good thing to have from the language design point of view, but
aren't really necessary...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/