POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating blurred image via textures...? : Re: Creating blurred image via textures...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating blurred image via textures...?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Jun 2003 10:33:09
Message: <cjameshuff-DC15C5.09231519062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ef0222c$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> I've just tried and compared the image_map
> approach to the approach I used. You're
> idea about passing the pigment through the
> image_map function moves the load off of
> the tracing process onto the parsing process.
> So, depending if I want quick renders or
> quick parsing, I set up a switch so that one might
> choose freely where the timing should rise.. :-)

Exactly. If you were using the blurred pigment in an actual scene, you
could save rendering time this way. But if you are just putting the
pigment on a plane to render a blurred image, it isn't as useful.

> I'm wondering though, if there'd be a method
> to output that image_map function on the fly,
> that'd be neat!

I'm not sure what you mean...are you talking about automatically
generating the function-of-image-map-of-pigment-function construct? That
could be done with a simple macro.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/