POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Waterdrops on Glass... How? : Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Jan 2003 17:07:02
Message: <cjameshuff-CABB66.17064414012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e23a9eb@news.povray.org>, "KalleK" <kal### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> Maybe, you can tinker with clipped_by, to clip the surface of the drop which
> would contact the window. I don't know wether the ray remembers the ior of
> the object it currently is in or not. But if it's so, the ray would go from
> 1.33 straight into 1.45. which should be right...

Don't. This will not work properly: the ray will never leave the object
if it goes through an area that was clipped away, and won't enter the
object properly from the glass side. The correct solution is simpler,
just overlap the objects.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/