POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Feb 2004 12:43:14
Message: <cjameshuff-C74725.12435622022004@news.povray.org>
In article <40389d5e$1@news.povray.org>,
 Andrew C on Mozilla <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> > IMHO this comes down to 'pov ain't oo' - I don't think anyone denies
> > that oo capabilities in pov wouldn't be at the very least interesting,
> > but that's not the issue....
>
> POV sure ain't OO. No doubt about it ;-)

Actually, it comes close in many ways. You transform all shapes and
textures. You can texture all shapes. You can use the solid ones in CSG.
It's a fixed heirarchy, but you could express it in terms of objects.

object

transformable:object

shape:transformable

solid_shape:shape

finite_solid_shape:solid_shape
sphere:finite_solid_shape
box:finite_solid_shape

infinite_solid_shape:solid_shape
plane:infinite_solid_shape

patch_shape:shape
bicubic_patch:patch_shape
triangle:patch_shape

pigment:transformable
solid_pigment:pigment {color}
patterned_pigment:pigment {pattern, color_map}

texture:transformable
patterned_texture:texture {pattern, texture_map}
plain_texture:texture {pigment, finish, normal}

and so on...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/