POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perfect Antialiasing ??? : Re: Perfect Antialiasing ??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perfect Antialiasing ???
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Apr 2003 23:04:41
Message: <cjameshuff-C25824.23042922042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EA### [at] gmxde>,

> If you scale down a larger render you can additionally reduce aliasing
> artefacts by applying blurring filters before the scaling.

This can be handled by a good scaling algorithm. There are many
possibilities...for example, the Mac program GraphicConverter offers
these scaling algorithms:
QuickDraw/Quartz
Bicubic
Bicubic with dither
Smooth
Box
Triangle
Bell
B-Spline
Sinus
Lanczos 3
Mitchell

Manually blurring won't help much here, if at all. It really only helps
with the "nearest neighbor" algorithm, which won't be used by any decent
graphics program and would be useless for removing aliasing. I doubt
there is any program that has a blur filter and which uses nearest
neighbor, and blurring the source image will probably just interfere
with these algorithms.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/