POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Waterdrops on Glass... How? : Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Jan 2003 19:47:12
Message: <cjameshuff-A31848.19470813012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e1c7b0b@news.povray.org>, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> Most of the time, us POVers leave a little gap between two transparent
> surfaces in order to avoid coincident surfaces. But when refracting rays,
> the effect taking place is different as opposed to two surfaces touching
> each other.

Overlap them a bit. POV does things so that refraction is handled
correctly in this case. The gap method simulates an air gap.

Designing the textures properly also helps. I usually use perfectly
transparent textures and use interior attenuation or media to provide
any coloration.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/