POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What is HDRI? : Re: What is HDRI? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is HDRI?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Jan 2003 10:58:21
Message: <cjameshuff-A31352.10574316012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e24a4da@news.povray.org>,
 "Mark Hanson" <mar### [at] attbicom> wrote:

> No, actually that about did it. I'm rendering a statue in a white room.
> There is one light source illuminating the side of the statue the camera is
> looking at, meaning the other side is dark. HDRI bounces the light off the
> white walls and illuminates (partially) the other side if the statue. Do I
> have it now? That's pretty cool.

No. Radiosity alone does that. HDRI just lets you encode the lighting
values in a high dynamic range image, so you don't have to calculate it
during rendering and can use real-world surroundings without having to
model them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/