POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Waterdrops on Glass... How? : Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Jan 2003 17:16:49
Message: <cjameshuff-95B46C.17162714012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e23f9ed$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> It "does things"? What does it do? Just curious.

Take a ray entering a droplet for example: it hits the droplet surface
and gets refracted, and is now inside the droplet. The next surface it
hits is the glass, so it gets refracted as it should when going from
water to glass. It is now inside the glass and the droplet. When it hits
the other droplet surface, *no refraction is done*, but it leaves the
droplet. (I think it still computes the texture, I'm not sure it should
though.)
Now the ray has gone through the droplet, been refracted going from
air/water and water/glass, and is now in the glass, just as it should be.

> Though doing that with blobs is still kinda difficult...

No more so than for any other object. The difficulty is more determined
by the object you are placing the blobs on.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/