POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 : Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Jan 2005 21:39:21
Message: <cjameshuff-92A37C.21393016012005@news.povray.org>
In article <41e87f8a$1@news.povray.org>,
 Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> With the free jpeg2000 you can save only small images (640*480 or less). For
> anything larger, you need to pay a licencing fee.

Yuck. Is this for commercial software only, or for all software?

Well, I think all the important LZW patents have expired now, so aside
from PNG there's LZW compressed TIFF, which got slightly better
compression than PNG on most of the images I tested, and is quite a bit
more flexible.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/