POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image_map transparency vs. difference : Re: image_map transparency vs. difference Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_map transparency vs. difference
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Oct 2003 17:40:49
Message: <cjameshuff-8372CB.17383013102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f8aecab$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Scott Gammans" <dee### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>  So my question is, why would you *not* want to use
> bilinear interpolation on your image and bump maps?

Pretty much only if you want the mosaiac effect of nearest-neighbor. The
speed issue was more important on older computers, when just displaying
the image was a significant amount of work for a machine to do.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/