POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Simple colour_map question : Re: Simple colour_map question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple colour_map question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 15 Feb 2003 16:26:14
Message: <cjameshuff-7E875D.16251015022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e4e98ad@news.povray.org>, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> Just write yourself a macro which interpolates the
> indices and colors according to the indices.

That would work, but is probably the hardest and most complicated way of
doing it, as well as being slow to parse. See my other message for a
better way.

> This only works with simple linear colormaps, poly_wave
> etc would have to undergo postprocessing on the index
> values in the array (or the given one) to handle the change
> in colorshifts...

Waveforms are attributes of patterns, not color maps.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/