POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Does PoV-Ray have a readable (by humans) info output? : Re: Does PoV-Ray have a readable (by humans) info output? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does PoV-Ray have a readable (by humans) info output?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Jan 2003 18:13:10
Message: <cjameshuff-5F1AC5.18032609012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e1df783@news.povray.org>, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom>
wrote:

> Will PoV-Ray output pixel information into a comma-delimited or similar
> format? Is there a converter somewhere to change a PNG into a readable text
> format?
>
> I'm looking for rgb values of each pixel in an image, preferable at 16 bits.

You seem to be a bit confused here..."16 bits" is meaningless for text
output. What you get is a string in decimal format, for 16 bits binary
data it would range from 0 to 65535, expressed as "0" and "65535".

Anyway, as someone else mentioned, the PPM format has an ASCII type. I
don't know if POV supports it, or if it supports that color resolution.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/