POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 4D geometry : Re: 4D geometry Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4D geometry
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 May 2004 10:00:58
Message: <cjameshuff-371C7C.10001305052004@news.povray.org>
In article <4096893b$1@news.povray.org>,
 Andrew C on Mozilla <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> > I never had problems with that, but the red/green glasses might have
> > helped a lot on that one. The problems I had were with too many lines
> > when having many 4D objects in the same "scene". I'm talking about 4D
> > tetris here.
>
> ??!?! :-| ?!/"\@_~??!
>
> Four *&$^ dimensional *@$^%# tetris *@*@#?!?! :-|
>
> OK, my head hurts... lol!

Tetris is arrangements of axis-aligned blocks, so 4D tetris wouldn't be
that hard. Viewing it on a 2D screen would be, though. Probably have to
view it as transparent 3D objects, colored to indicate offset along the
fourth axis. Even then, objects falling along the fourth axis would
appear to overlap in the 3-space slice...you would need multiple views
as well.

Hmm...rotating the pieces might be a bit mind-bending, even if it is
restricted to 90 degree turns. I'm pretty sure a 180 degree rotation in
4-space can mirror the 3-space slice, though I'm still having trouble
figuring out just what a 4-space rotation is.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/