POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Macros acting strange : Re: Macros acting strange Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macros acting strange
From: Chris Huff
Date: 31 Mar 2000 06:09:50
Message: <chrishuff_99-F3724F.06120931032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38E3ACD4.9A9E063B@online.no>, tor### [at] hotmailcom wrote:

> Warp wrote:
>
> >   You have to remember that a macro is _not_ a function. A macro is a
> > substitution string. The body if the macro is inserted in the place of
> > the call as-is.
>
> Hmmm...
> If that is true, then why does this not work?

Er, well...it should work.
I tried some other combinations, putting the brackets outside the macro,
enclosing each value with parenthesis...it still doesn't work. When I
put a #debug statement in the macro, I found the macro is never called.
Maybe you should compose a bug report. This looks like a real bug.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/