POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Procedural Height Fields : Re: Procedural Height Fields Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural Height Fields
From: Chris Huff
Date: 6 Apr 2000 11:22:22
Message: <chrishuff_99-93DC49.10245106042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38ec93c3@news.povray.org>, "Wil Hale" <whh### [at] nvlarmymil>
wrote:

> Ok.  I've done the HF in PSP6 and can pretty well guage my results by
> looking at the image.  I've heard (read) it mentioned a few times that
> there is a way to generate Hfs within POV-ray.  I could really make
> use of some sample code because I work best by doing.  If there is
> some documentation on this that would help too.

Do you mean generate a height_field object from an image, or generate
the actual image in POV-Ray? The object syntax is documented under
section "2.4.3 Height Field Object" in the manual, along with a way to
generate the height field image with POV-Ray. Just follow the tutorial,
sample code is given.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/