POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface math questions : Re: Isosurface math questions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface math questions
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Dec 1999 18:00:21
Message: <chrishuff_99-41D518.18005416121999@news.povray.org>
In article <38596824.1F573B72@isd.net>, lfo### [at] isdnet wrote:

> First of all, how do I make angle-dependent equations, such as helixes,
> when isosurface doesn't support atan2?

Um, atan2 is supported-at least, it seems to be in the Multipatch. And
there are also:
sin  asin  sinh  asinh
cos  acos  cosh  acosh
tan  atan  tanh  atanh
and a few others, these are just the trig functions.
You might want to check out the built in library functions too, there
are some for making helixes in there.

> Second, how do I add or subtract equations, to do stuff like blobbing?

With the + and - operators. :-)
If you have two functions that are #defined, say MyFuncA and MyFuncB, do
something like
function {MyFuncA(x, y, z) + MyFuncB(x, y, z)}
Also try using * and & for multiplication and boolean AND.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom