POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Can PovRay pre-parse a file and then render from this file : Re: Can PovRay pre-parse a file and then render from this file Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can PovRay pre-parse a file and then render from this file
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Nov 2002 23:50:59
Message: <chrishuff-F77A36.23481326112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3de44c0b@news.povray.org>, "James Orr" <no### [at] ocom> wrote:

> So what I need is a way to parse once (by the master node) and render from
> the pre-parsed file.
>     A) Has any one created a way to extract/read pre-parsed data?
>     B) Know how to do it with no or about 2 days of coding?

It is not possible. Or rather, there are too many dynamic structures, it
would be a huge amount of work to write code to serialize and
reconstruct all of them, especially since they were never designed to
allow this. There is no "pre-parse" stage, most of the scene is created
as the file is parsed, except for things like radiosity and photons
which are computed immediately after parsing. The best solution for
anything based on POV is to have each node parse the scene.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/