POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crazy signitures : Re: Crazy signitures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy signitures
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Oct 2002 23:06:08
Message: <chrishuff-F27637.23032501102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d9a0f2c@news.povray.org>,
 "Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:

> I hate Perl. I can't get it to work at all. It's nasty. I've had more sucess
> with C, although it's just too dam hard to read... (I was actually trying to
> write an object engine... *you* try manipulating pointers to pointers to
> arrays of pointers to functions! Very hard when you don't have any sort of
> manual ;-)

You are probably making things too difficult. And function pointers are
very weird at first, but they will make more sense eventually.

> Not to mention the danger of leaving pointers dangling... I
> wouldn't *dare* try it with anything other than Linux 8-D (But then... I've
> never heard of a C compiler that works on anything but Linux. I'm sure such
> things must _exist_, but I've never come across one...)

Huh? The vast majority of C compilers were for non-Linux platforms. C
itself existed long before Linux, and is as old as Unix (it was created
to make developing Unix easier...the first Unix was written in PDP-11
assembler, but was rewritten in C two years later, in 1973). One of the
main goals in its design was portability.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/