POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Tetrahedron Macro that uses Prism primative : Re: Tetrahedron Macro that uses Prism primative Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tetrahedron Macro that uses Prism primative
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Dec 2002 15:30:20
Message: <chrishuff-E9ABBB.15271707122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DF1C3CD.A9BA456F@hotmail.com>,
 Dan Johnson <zap### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> If my thinking is correct that can be done such that each vertex is
> exactly on the surface of the sphere.

You are correct (assuming no uneven scaling or shearing), but I think a
box would be a better choice. A sphere doesn't fit a tetrahedron that
closely, a box isn't much if at all better but is faster to test.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/