POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Does any one know when the new version of povray will be comming out ?? : Re: Does any one know when the new version of povray will be comming out ?? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does any one know when the new version of povray will be comming out ??
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2001 20:31:59
Message: <chrishuff-E74E64.20330419012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a68dc47$1@news.povray.org>, "Alessandro Coppo"
<a.c### [at] iolit> wrote:

> From what I infer from the official information upon 3.5, it is a
> cleaned up subset of MegaPOV 0.5... or is there something else? ;-)

Pretty close...read the message in "POV-Team Status Report - September
1, 2000" by Chris Cason in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions.
I believe the code base is 3.1, not MegaPOV, though a lot of code from
MegaPOV will be added. And it will contain many of the features from
MegaPOV as well as a couple completely new ones, but the syntax and
usage won't necessarily be the same.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><