POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volume-preserving blob : Re: Volume-preserving blob Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume-preserving blob
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Oct 2002 18:01:26
Message: <chrishuff-DF297C.17562914102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dab0ca2$1@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom>
wrote:

> Well, the point isn't to elliminate the fact that the pattern is *based* on
> a grid, it's just to elliminate the 2nd derivative artifact that is most
> visible when the function is used as a normal pattern. This definitely does
> the trick, though the grid is, of course, still visible, but less visible
> and less intrusive.
> I'll post a picture as soon as I get this working.

I've done enough looking at pictures of noise. ;-)
I spent a couple days looking for the problem before I figured out the
grid artifacts weren't a problem with my implementation.
My point was that this doesn't fix all the problems. Most of the time
when these changes are mentioned, it is implied that they remove all
grid artifacts.
I could do some more work on Lewis noise and release the patch if you
are interested.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/