POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stress : Re: Stress Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stress
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Oct 2002 19:04:47
Message: <chrishuff-BF2F19.18580927102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <1fkqkvf.knzuo218fc70cN%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>,
 kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:

> I am not an expert in povray, but you know, it shouldn't be difficult to
> add in polarization. Not compared to the amazing things it does already!

It would be very difficult and complex. It would basically require
changing the entire way colors are handled, storing information on the
amount of light of each color at each polarization angle, to do it well
would probably require using frequency distributions to describe light
color...building a raytracer from scratch with these features would be
far easier than adding it to POV.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/