POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random variation : Re: Random variation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random variation
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Sep 2002 22:56:54
Message: <chrishuff-B5E4B5.22540426092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <pan### [at] gtenet>,
 Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> Because of the way that POV-Ray's random number generator works, it will
> never produce the same number twice in a row (if it did, it would then
> proceed to produce that number every single time).

It will never produce the same integer value. I'm not sure rounding
error won't make some of those integer values equal the same double
value...I doubt it, but I'm not certain. It isn't something I'd worry
too much about.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/