POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Prism refracting a true rainbow ? : Re: Prism refracting a true rainbow ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prism refracting a true rainbow ?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Aug 2002 11:50:51
Message: <chrishuff-B339F2.10390311082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d5683b3$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Theo Gottwald *" <The### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Yes, I've already tried a bit and mixed a red, green and blue spot light
> which gives also a lot of colours.

That is not necessary, more work, and is much less accurate.

> The diffract-examples partially render to some "unnatural rainbows"
> as the colours do not flow in each other but are separated like with a line.
> Especially new_diffract.pov. I am not yet shure what I need to change that.

newdiffract.pov is not at all realistic, it uses a dispersion value far
outside the usual range for a special effect. Usual values are much
closer to 1, look at consts.inc for some values.
If you want smoother color blends, increase dispersion_samples. This
will slow things down though...it is a tradeoff of speed or quality.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/