POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Flowing algorithm? : Re: Flowing algorithm? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing algorithm?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Jun 2001 10:58:48
Message: <chrishuff-A8D089.09583919062001@povray.org>
In article <3b2cceed@news.povray.org>,
 "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

> Anybody know of a good method to make particles flow along the surface of
> any object where 0.0% of the particles fall through the surface? My own
> algorithm using trace work pretty well in general but there still are a few
> particles escaping here and there...

Well, you could just kill any particles that get inside the object...I
plan to have this as an option for my particle simulation (though it
will be implemented as "killspaces" which remove any particle that
enters them).
It would be better to just write your collision algorithm to make sure
that the particle won't be on the other side of the surface after being
updated...if you have done this, I don't know what the problem is.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><