POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : No reflection for a specific object? : Re: No reflection for a specific object? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No reflection for a specific object?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Nov 2000 09:00:08
Message: <chrishuff-959C74.09001812112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A0E4D2F.367F2933@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> Very interesting!...  But... it doesn't seem to work...
>
> I tried the simplified scene with a white sphere and a mirror, the
> bounded_by is set to the camera position, everything seems alright,
> but I see two spheres...
>
> Do I need any other keywords in order to make this work?

Don't forget the light sources...
Hmm, you probably need to tell POV not to ignore your bounding. On the
Mac it is just a checkbox, you will probably have to put something in
your .ini file.
I think it went this way: the earliest versions of POV didn't do
automatic bounding, so it was all manual. When autobounding was added,
it sometimes did a better job than manual bounding, so an option to
override manual bounding was added. I think this option is on in your
case.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><