POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : The Harcore Povrayer Test : Re: Improved test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved test
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Feb 2002 15:48:25
Message: <chrishuff-950A75.15493901022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom>,
 Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote:

> you've used nested pigment_maps;

Yep.

> you understand why, given that A is #declared as a number, (A) and A aren't
> always the same thing;
> you know all of the options to the repeat warp;
> you've used one or more repeat warps to create your own infinitely-tileable
> patterns;

Yes.

> you know how to force the media code to take more samples in an interesting
> area of the scene;

This sounds interesting...the only method I know of is to use completely
transparent hollow shapes to force new intervals, is this what you are
talking about or are you thinking of a better method?

> you understand why a plane makes a bad media container;
> you know how to use type 5 scattering media;

Yes.

> you know how to simulate distance-dependent reflection;

It isn't physically correct, but I still know how to do it.

> you know how to use .df3 files to create arbitrary full-color solid pigments;

Yes. I'm even working on a program to create the necessary files, and
automatically generate the POV code.

> you've used multiple text objects to achieve a desired text effect...

I think you need to define "desired text effect". I assume you are
referring to the circle text macro, but that could also describe using
multiple objects to get text of different sizes, or any time you use
multiple text objects.

Hmm...
You know how to make an arbitrary warp (such as the displace warp,
uneven scaling, or twisting) of any pattern in POV script.
You know how to directly specify the rgb color of pigment/media using
functions.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/