POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : re HF heights : Re: re HF heights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re HF heights
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Jul 2000 20:43:21
Message: <chrishuff-8F5AEE.19432801072000@news.povray.org>
In article <shgslso0akn9pcm58dlljbqg9sbgg5c03u@4ax.com>, Peter Popov
<pet### [at] usanet> wrote:

> In MegaPOV, you can use the slope pattern and give it a suitable color
> map so as to only point out the peaks. Then you can use eval_pigment
> to check against it and the place objects or whatever you like on the
> 'bumps'. Hope I made this clear enough.

The eval_pigment function won't work with the slope pattern, because
slope requires intersection information which isn't available(POV
doesn't know you want to check it at that point on the surface of the
object).
However, you could do an overhead view of the height field, and use
eval_pigment on the resulting image_map...or emulate the slope pattern
using the trace function.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/