POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media : Re: Media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Aug 2000 00:21:42
Message: <chrishuff-81FDAB.23224711082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3994C91B.83A136DB@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I've not played with the media since the halo statement doesn't exist
> anymore... I'll make it simple, how can I make a halo sphere...  on a
> black background a white spherish cloud should apear as the light
> flows through (ie: constant density, reflect color of light as rgb 1)

I assume you want the halo effect seen around light sources in fog...
You need to use one of the scattering functions other than isotropic.
Mie hazy and Mie murky(types 2 and 3) should work well. Rayleigh(4)
might work under some circumstances, Heyney-Greenstein(5) could give you
more control over the size of the "halo".

You could also "cheat" by using emitting media with a spherical density
function...but you said you wanted constant density, so I guess this
isn't what you want.

If you want good results with a reasonable render time, use MegaPOV,
which has additional sampling methods which can give smoother results
with less rendering time.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/